Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

how i relieve stress (without spending money)

since college, my health and fitness routine
have become increasingly important. while it takes
time to build healthy habits, i cannot tell you how
much of a difference i notice in my overall health, skin,
energy and stress levels when i skip the gym. for the 
past several months, i have worked to 'up my fitness game'
by running and completing other outdoor workouts!
being active (and burning those calories)
is much more enjoyable when outside, right?
disclosure: brooks running graciously provided me with the shirt, 
tights, and shoes featured in this post; ailihen provided me with the headphones. 
i am grateful for the opportunity to support and collaborate with these brands! 
all opinions are my own.

after reading fellow blogger, bailey's post from 
hot dress hot mess, i thought it would be fun to share
a few ways in which i relieve stress without
breaking my bank account. a bit of retail therapy can
truly work wonders (trust me, i've done this!), and
a sweet treat can be equally helpful (a cupcake? okay!),
but there are other great ways to reduce stress while
keeping the rest of your body healthy. 

go for a walk
a simple walk outside can do amazing things
for your health! take a deep breath, bundle up if 
necessary, and head outside. whether you walk one
mile or five, you are sure to feel better after
walking. this not only helps relieve stress, but
can quickly add steps to your fitness tracker without
exhausting your body.

call someone who cares about you
'hi mom, it's me... again...'
my mom is usually number one on my call list,
but i greatly appreciate chatting with my
 boyfriend and dear girlfriends when i am stressed. 
having someone listen to and support me feels
greatly reassuring; feedback is always appreciated 
over here, too!
listen to a power playlist
loud music (quiet music, too) can
be a great way to get motivated and feel
inspired. mumford & sons, the lumineers, 
adele, sia, mat kearney, and kesha are among
my current favorites! do you have a favorite
song or playlist that helps you relax?
or get moving?

be present
take five minutes to just be...
...to just be in the moment
...listen to your breathing
...relax your mind
...stretch your neck, back, and arms
and just be...

'run happy' t-shirt: c/o brooks (exact here), 
go-to running tights: c/o brooks (exact here),
revel running shoe: c/o brooks (exact here), 
headphones: c/o ailihen (exact here)

drink a cup of tea
i keep a basket of various teas in my 
kitchen. a warm cup of tea with honey can be
incredibly soothing. cuddle up with your
favorite mug, a soft blanket, and simply relax!

paint your nails
a trip to the local nail salon is
enjoyable, but the cost can add up (i may or
may not be addicted to shellac manicures as of 
late). i have found that painting my nails at home
can be equally therapeutic. put on some relaxing 
music, grab your polish of choice, and paint!

how do you typically relieve stress? 
let me know in the comments!
xoxo.

p.s. if you haven't already done so, be sure to 
check out fellow blogger, bailey's post, 'how to feel
confident without spending money' here.



No comments:

Post a Comment