Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

diary of this girl i.r.l. (in real life)

'what does she do in real life?' ;
 'is that her job?' ; 'is that how she always looks/dresses?'
perhaps it is the 'natural' blogger in me, 
and maybe i spend too much time reading other blogs
and perusing social media (guilty!), but these 
questions often come to mind. i thought
it would be fun to share a few details about my
everyday (and not so glamorous/blog-worthy) life!
monday through friday, i work my day job -- in
september, i made a significant career change and said
goodbye to the world of education. i previously worked
as a montessori preschool teacher. while i loved working
with children, i wanted something a bit more structured,
with the opportunity to grow and advance in my career. i was fortunate
 to find a position with a finance company. i knew nothing about finance,
 but have learned a great deal over the past several months.
though intimidating at first, i could not be happier with this change!

each morning, my alarm goes off at 5:15am. i shower,
 throw on makeup, pack a lunch, and aim to get out the door 
before 6:00am. if i feel over-zealous the night before,
i may lay out work clothes and lunch items.
more often than not, however, i scramble
to do everything the morning of, which always
takes more time than anticipated -- particularly when i 
wake up feeling utterly sleep deprived ;)
i take the bus to and from work each day and am in the 
office from 7:00am-4:00pm. unfortunately (for my bank 
account), our office is located in the heart of downtown.
thus, i spend far too many lunch breaks browsing
through local department stores. zara, nordstrom rack, and 
urban outfitters are among my favorites!

after work, i enjoy going to the gym, or
weather-permitting, getting outside for a run. i often babysit
during the work week, and i like to keep busy.
in the evenings, i read or watch tv, run errands and complete
your typical household chores, and of course, create
content for my blog. my family lives 20+ minutes from me,
so i visit them (and our dachshund, bailey)
on a regular basis!
photos by jenn from hello rigby 

chambray: american eagle, jeans: madewell, 
shoes: zara, purse: thrifted (via seattle goodwill)
glasses: mcm eye wear

a few other facts you may not yet know about me?

during the work week, i never blow-dry or style
my hair; you will see me with a ponytail or top knot!

i have a younger brother. we are
six years apart, and he attends college in bellingham, 
washington. he loves hiking, skiing, camping, and
just about every other outdoor activity you can think of ;)

i bite my cuticles (badly). i most often catch
myself chewing on them when i am stressed or bored.

i am an avid coffee drinker. i usually drink 2+ cups
a day and enjoy all things coffee flavored (ice cream,
mousse, macaroons, etc.)

while i love to shop, the majority of my clothes and 
handbags are thrifted. my favorite thrifting destinations
are seattle goodwill (if you're local to washington,
the u-district 'boutique' store is my favorite) and 
buffalo exchange (also located in the u-district).

i have four tattoos! i have a tattoo post in the works to
share with you.

i am a terrible cook. or perhaps inexperienced 
is more accurate, though i greatly enjoy baking. i hope to 
get better at meal prep and experimenting in the 
kitchen. any tips are appreciated!

if i could wear sneakers every day of the week, 
i would. i enjoy dressing up, and of course, i 
strive to look professional during the work week, but i
crave comfort. sneakers = the ultimate comfort shoe!

i wear (prescription) glasses at work.
i need them when i am on the computer,
while reading, or if i feel my eyes are otherwise
strained. i purchased these frames after
my last eye exam!

do you have any questions for me?
is there anything you're itching to know?
my adorable friend (and fellow blogger), 
ana luiza from northwest blonde recently shared her
'top three most commonly asked questions.'
her honesty inspired this post on my blog!
xoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment