Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, April 20, 2017

just a girl and her dog

if you know my family and me personally, then you know we 
absolutely adore our miniature dachshund, bailey! bailey turned 
fourteen last year! while her eyesight and hearing have 
become less reliable (though this could be blamed on 'selective
hearing'), she enjoys trips in the car, frequent treats and 
will tolerate the occasional photo shoot. 

we brought bailey home when i was in high school.
i recall my dad telling my younger brother and i that we were
going to visit my grandma. instead, we picked up a tiny
red dog -- she could fit in the palm of your hand! bailey stole our
hearts immediately, and to be honest, i can't remember
life without her.
our love for bailey may or may not border on an obsession;
my parents have a bathroom that is 'dachshund themed.'
there are (professional) photos of bailey, alongside other dachshund 
decor; what can i say?! in our family, when you love your dog, you 
really love your dog! she's a spoiled girl, but we would not
have it any other way.
^^^ say the word 'treat,' and she will love you forever! ^^^
in the fourteen+ years we have had bailey, i have picked up just 
a few wiener dog-related items for myself. i received an adorable
 pair of dachshund leggings and dachshund water bottle 
from my coworkers on my birthday this year! and when i saw 
this blouse, i knew it had to come home with me; what better way 
to style it than alongside my favorite pup?!

blouse: zara (exact here; similar here), skirt: nordstrom rack,
flats: target, purse: endless knot, ring: lucky brand
 **fellow small dog owners, bailey is wearing this sweater -- she has 
several colors and prints, and we love how well they fit her
(they're machine washable, too!)

bailey last made an appearance on my blog here!
are you a dog owner? if so, you can likely relate to 
the immense love my family and i have for our pup. we treat
her like a member of our family. despite her old age, she 
continues to enjoy being carted around with us and the occasional
walk (particularly if she knows treats will be
provided after). 
xoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment